Transport links to Orkney are good. For those who wish to change crews, charter a yacht or to join a yacht crew already underway there are regular ferry services from Scrabster, Gill's Bay and Aberdeen and frequent flight connections with Loganair to all major UK airports.
- Northlink Ferries operate between Aberdeen and Kirkwall and also Scrabster and Stromness. Visit the website for timetables and prices.
- Pentland Ferries also operate between Gills Bay in Caithness and St Margaret's Hope, 7 days a week. Visit the website for timetables and prices.
- A passenger only ferry operates between John O'Groats and Burwick 7 days a week during the summer months, operated by John O'Groats Ferries
- There are daily flights to Kirkwall from all major airports in the UK (Operated by Loganair)
- Check out connecting flights up to Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow operated by EasyJet
- Orkney.com have useful information on travelling to Orkney.
- Orkney transport travel timetables